Robert C. Williams, MD, MBA
Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon
Dr. Robert Williams is a Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon with a sub-specialization in shoulder and elbow surgery. Dr. Williams has spent many years studying and training at prestigious medical centers around the country,most recently, completing a Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship with some of the field’s foremost experts at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Prior to fellowship, he completed his residency at the University of Texas in Galveston.
Dr. Williams sub-specializes in both shoulder and elbow ailments, but also treats a wide range of other general orthopedic issues. He is highly trained in shoulder replacement surgery, shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, elbow replacement surgery, rotator cuff injuries, shoulder instability, elbow instability, and sports and overuse injuries of the upper extremity. Dr. Williamsis offering the latest techniques in shoulder replacement surgery including computer aided planning, stemless shoulder replacements and even custom implants in patients that need a more tailored approach to their surgery. Additionally, he has worked with one of the nation’s elbow experts to learn techniques in complex elbow surgery. He treats and performs surgery for all types of elbow issues, including Tommy John Surgery.
In his free time Dr. Williams enjoys spending time with his family, cooking, traveling and golfing.
Dr. Williams sees patients in the Morris, Joliet, and Ottawa locations of Rezin Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
- University of Pennsylvania- Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery- 2020
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery- 2019
- University of Arkansas for Medical Science, College of Medicine- MD- 2014
- Washington University in Saint Louis, College of Arts and Sciences- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program- 2008
- Indiana University in Bloomington, Kelley School of Business- MBA- 2007
- Indiana University in Bloomington, Kelley School of Business- BS in Business Administration- 2005
- Board-eligible in orthopedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery- 2019
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- On Staff at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers and Deerpath Ambulatory Surgical Center