Raymond J. Meyer, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Meyer graduated from Loyola University – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago in 1991, and completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. He then went on to complete a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dr. Meyer began practicing with Rezin Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in 1997.
Dr. Meyer is a board certified general orthopedic surgeon and his practice focuses on arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine related injuries with an emphasis in shoulder and knee reconstruction. As the team physician for Joliet Catholic Academy, he has the opportunity to work with athletes on a regular basis.
In his free time, Dr. Meyer enjoys spending time with his wife and their three children. Dr. Meyer sees patients at the Morris, Joliet and Ottawa offices of Rezin Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, B.S., 1987
- Loyola University of Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, Doctor of Medicine, 1991
- Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, 1996
- Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sports Medicine Fellowship, 1997
- Board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1999 Re-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the ABOS, 2009 and 2019.
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and Will-Grundy County Medical Society
- On staff at Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers, and Deerpath Orthopedic Surgical Center